- - - - -

ioncube not compatible with php 5.5.13?

• Закрытая тема Тема закрыта
Сообщений в теме: 11

#1 Quicksilver

Quicksilver

Отправлено 08 July 2014 - 10:49

Hello,

I've just spent the last day trying to get the JBZoo demo working.  Our development servers are all Zend Server 7.

It uses php 5.5.13.

the loader wizard gives this message.

To use files that have been protected by the ionCube PHP Encoder, a component called the ionCube Loader must be installed.

Your server is running PHP version 5.5.13 and is currently unsupported by any ionCube Loaders. 
This may change in the future if a Loader is produced for your PHP platform.
In the meantime please downgrade PHP to version 5.4.

Also... we deploy in an environment where external encrypted components are not permitted.  Do you have a version that has not been ionCubed?  We would be happy to consider paying more (if we decide to use it) or sign an NDA or contract to guarantee that we will not distribute.

Please mail me to discuss on my private mail address.

Thanks

Chris 

#2 SmetDenis

SmetDenis

Отправлено 08 July 2014 - 10:55

Hello,

Unfortunately, we cannot give you decrypted files or encoded by another methods.

Sorry.

JBZoo v4.0 и новый чудный мир Open Source GPL
Отключайте проверку лицензий как можно скорее!

— Есть два типа людей: Кто еще не делает бекапы и кто уже делает бекапы.

#3 Quicksilver

Quicksilver

Отправлено 09 July 2014 - 00:58

Sorry?

ok... so what are my options??  Our systems all work on php v5.5 and ioncube will not support php 5.5.  The VC9 variant (whatever that means) is only available for php 5.3, and php 5.4.

Unless I get everyone here to change back to php 5.5, rebuild our production servers, potentially throw away everything we managed to get working so far and abandon Zend Server 7 (which only seems to be available with php 5.5), I cannot use JBZoo at all!

What do you suggest?

Chris

#4 SmetDenis

SmetDenis

Отправлено 09 July 2014 - 08:19

Hello,

ok... so what are my options??  Our systems all work on php v5.5 and ioncube will not support php 5.5.  The VC9 variant (whatever that means) is only available for php 5.3, and php 5.4.

IonCube works with PHP 5.5.x very well
For example this is my local webserver's phpinfo()
k4s_200x0.png

We tested JBZoo with PHP 5.5.1 and PHP 5.5.13. Everything was fine.

Please, look on ioncube website 
http://www.ioncube.com/
http://www.ioncube.c...LEASE-NOTES.txt
6rj_200x0.png 3zg_200x0.png

So I think, you need update ionCube module.
Try to use this tool (php wizard) - http://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php

And also we said about ionCube requirement in our docs - http://jbzoo.com/doc...em-requirements

#5 Quicksilver

Quicksilver

Отправлено 09 July 2014 - 11:21

Hello,

Yes.. I knew about he ionCube requirements but that same requirements page says php 5.3 or greater.  The problem is that there is no version of ionCube for php 5.5 in the VC9 variant!

IonCube seem to support php 5.5 in the VC11 version... I tried that too but after much messing around I learned that only the VC9 version will work on Windows with Zend... Exactly why Zend would buiild php with Visual Studio 2008 I do not know.  Very frustrating.

So... I will try it on ubuntu today and let you know.

As an aside... I really do hope that you re-evaluate your encryption policy at some point... I licence MANY components from others when building systems.  For someone who cares about and respects the rights of others and who is more than happy to pay a fair price for someone else's contribution, systems like ionCube only make a complicated job more difficult.

Don't get me wrong... I do understand why you and other companies in Russia like JBZoo are forced to do this... I've been in Moscow many times and seen how people there have little respect for the rights of others..  I remember during one visit I was watching a parade near Red Square from a nearby balcony and saw a fellow in uniform literally push a group of older, smaller, weaker people out of the way to get a better view for himself.  I also remember how everyone on the subway would push and shove everyone else out of their way to get onto the train first.  Absolutely no respect for the rights of others.

So I do get why you feel that you need to protect yourself and I am sure that you have had instances where people have tried to steal what you have built... but for the rest of us in the Open Source world... those who do understand that the only way to live is to cooperate with others and to respect their rights ... technologies like ionCube only get in the way.... they waste time that would be better spent actually producing something.

Chris 

#6 Quicksilver

Quicksilver

Отправлено 09 July 2014 - 11:33

Put into perspective...  I happily maintain subscriptions to:

Zoolanders:  400 Euros a year 

No Number: 150 Euros a year

Easy Social, Blog, Discussions: 400 USD a year

YooTheme: around 400 Euros a year

I would likewise be willing to pay more than 34 euros for JBZoo, if it works (without restrictions) and if the support is good.

Just food for thought.

#7 SmetDenis

SmetDenis

Отправлено 09 July 2014 - 14:03

Hello,

Chris, thank you very much for your opinion.

I think, that in the future we will be able to do our code opened, but now we need protect it.

Of course, it gives some discomfort, but I don't see another way now.

I'm sorry.

#8 Quicksilver

Quicksilver

Отправлено 09 July 2014 - 21:12

Hello,

Yes... I understand... and I hope that you did not take my request as criticism.

I am going to try to use JBZoo on one of my projects... from what I have seen on your site, it all looks extremely useful.  I just wish that I could use it on more of them.  So for now.. I'll keep watch, wait patiently and continue to hope that you open it all up so I can contribute even more cash to the fine work that you guys are doing.  

Chris

#9 Quicksilver

Quicksilver

Отправлено 12 July 2014 - 14:53

Hey Denis,

Testing is going well... a few problems with php-fpm on nginx but they seemed to go away when I cleared all caches.

I just wanted to say how impressed I was by how far JBZoo has come.  There's loads of very useful enhancements in there. I hope that it's not too difficult to migrate an app and that everything is compatible with the Zoolanders elements that I'm using.

We have also extended Zoo but in our case we store Zoo item data to mongoDB rather than mySQL.  I'm also looking forward to seeing if our enhancements work properly.

Chris

#10 SmetDenis

SmetDenis

Отправлено 14 July 2014 - 11:33

Hello Chris,

We have also extended Zoo but in our case we store Zoo item data to mongoDB rather than mySQL.  I'm also looking forward to seeing if our enhancements work properly.

I'm sorry, how do you want to store (or to transfer) JBZoo database to mongoDB ? Our filter uses a lot of difficult conditions with SQL queries.

I mean, that "key-value" databases cann't execute such queries, so it will work only after a serious refactoring. Especially, there will be many problems with groups, orders, JOINs.

What do you think about it?

Best regards, Denis.

Click to return to top of page in style!