Фотография
- - - - -

Item Search Module

Сообщений в теме: 4

#1 P.K

P.K

Отправлено 30 November 2014 - 09:32

Hi

I am facing a problem in which when i leave the Item Type in search module as empty then the search  module disappears. Actually i want that search module to search for multiple item types and i am unable to do that

#2 Kess

Kess

Отправлено 30 November 2014 - 10:44

Hello,

This module can only search by one item type. So the "Item type" is a required field.

If you have different item types in different categories, you'll need to create several search modules with different settings.

#3 P.K

P.K

Отправлено 30 November 2014 - 11:01

Hi

This is not good.

How do i make a single search module that searches across different item types?

Is there some hack to do this?

If this cant be done i cant ask users to search in this search bar for this item types and in other for another item type. This will spoil the site.

thanks

#4 Kess

Kess

Отправлено 02 December 2014 - 04:34

Hello,

The search module can't simultaneously search across different item types. Because, for example, if you have a "Phone" item type with "Brand" field and a "Tablet" item type with the same field, only the names of those fields are equal. Their id's are different and they can be treated only as completely different fields.

So there are couple choices for you.

If your item types are separated by categories so there are only one type within each category, then, as I already wrote, you can create different modules for each category. So on the "Mobiles" page you will publish only the module which is configured to work with "mobiles" item type, same with other categories. You can add some conditions to your Joomla template in order to be able to make module position dependent on the current category (if you don't have different menu items for them).

The other way is to use only one item type if you need some global search. It will be necessary to add dependency on the current category though. So there will be no tablets in the results when searching from mobiles category, for example. Maybe some other tweaks too.

What kind of item types do you want to have? Maybe there are other solutions.

#5 P.K

P.K

Отправлено 02 December 2014 - 05:22

Hello

I have 3 categories

First is mobiles with item type mobiles

Second is tablets with item type mobiles

Third is graphic cards with item type graphic cards as specs are completely different for it

Can you suggest?

Click to return to top of page in style!