Перейти к содержимому

Фотография
- - - - -

Language File Amends lost On Update

Лучший Ответ Kess , 09 October 2013 - 11:49

Having information about which files have been changed would be useful, indeed. I'm not sure if it's convenient for our developers to add this information, though.

But you can check if the language file was changed yourself. In order to do this you should extract an archive with a patch and see if the language file is there. If it is, you can also compare it with the one that was in the previous version. Easy way to do it is to generate and compare their md5 hashes, for example.

Перейти к сообщению

• Закрытая тема Тема закрыта
Сообщений в теме: 7

#1 renee

renee

Отправлено 02 October 2013 - 00:11

Hi, I just updated using the latest patch release and noticed an error.

I have defined a new template based on the original but with some amends to include new tabs in the product type.

I have defined some new types - based omn the product type.

Now I have updated the component using the patch the tab titles do not use the labels I defined in the language xml file.

I'm guessing this has been updated by the patch and the amends lost.

Is there a way to protect them in future?

Thanks.

#2 Sliapy

Sliapy

Отправлено 02 October 2013 - 00:16

You can re-assign language constants through the Joomla admin panel. I think, it's only reliable way to save them when you patch application.

Сообщение отредактировал Sliapy: 02 October 2013 - 00:21

[color=#aa0000]Не забывайте нажимать кнопку "Вопрос Решён" под сообщением, которое решило Вашу проблему.[/color]

#3 renee

renee

Отправлено 02 October 2013 - 12:49

OK sounds ideal, how do I re-assign language constants through the Joomla admin panel?

#4 Sliapy

Sliapy

Отправлено 02 October 2013 - 13:19

Hope this article will help you - http://www.ostrainin...anguge-manager/

[color=#aa0000]Не забывайте нажимать кнопку "Вопрос Решён" под сообщением, которое решило Вашу проблему.[/color]

#5 renee

renee

Отправлено 09 October 2013 - 11:12

I followed the instructions in the article but it did not recognise instances of either the values or labels used in JBZOO.

Because I had added only as few lines - and all of them in the ITEM section in the language file it was not a huge bother to re-add them.  Would have been trickier if I had lines in various other sections of the language file.

It might help when the app is updated to indicate whether the language file has changed. If not it could be restored from a backup.

#6 Kess

Kess

Отправлено 09 October 2013 - 11:49   Лучший Ответ

Having information about which files have been changed would be useful, indeed. I'm not sure if it's convenient for our developers to add this information, though.

But you can check if the language file was changed yourself. In order to do this you should extract an archive with a patch and see if the language file is there. If it is, you can also compare it with the one that was in the previous version. Easy way to do it is to generate and compare their md5 hashes, for example.

#7 renee

renee

Отправлено 09 October 2013 - 12:47

Do you mean extract an archive from the update file?  'll give that a go next time. Thanks for the suggestion.

#8 Kess

Kess

Отправлено 09 October 2013 - 13:05

Yes, extract an archive with an update on your computer (not on the website) and check this folder:

media/zoo/applications/jbuniversal/language

If there are files in there, then, of course, they will overwrite your current files during an update.

Click to return to top of page in style!