Перейти к содержимому

Фотография
- - - - -

Updating site from 2.1.4

Сообщений в теме: 12

#1 tobypsl

tobypsl

Отправлено 22 December 2015 - 13:14

We currently run two sites with JBZOO 2.1.4. Because the sites have been affected with Malware I need to do fresh installs of Joomla and components.

In order to maintain the integrity of the existing data in the DB I'm guessing I will have to install the patch 2.x.x to 2.1.5. And then should I want to update further (depends on ioncube demands of 2.1.5) then I can use patches to do that. And all of this will maintain the existing data.

The problem is I need to do a fresh install of Joomla to ensure that I remove any backdoors that may be present. Obviously when I do a fresh install I will need to install the 2.1.5 package whic is available as build 1 from the download archive. Then I can point the fresh Joomla install at the original site DB and all will be well.

But this will only be the case if the 2.1.5 (build 1) is the same as the 2.1.4 patched to 2.1.5 ?

Alternatively it may be the case that all data is stored in the ZOO app and will not be affected by upgrades to JBZOO?

Or I can export all items (in the product template) and just upload them again to a completely fresh install. (not ideal as I will have to manually configure the elements again).

Some guidance appreciatd.

Thanks.

#2 SmetDenis

SmetDenis

Отправлено 22 December 2015 - 13:44

Hi,

Can you send me the JBZoo system report (Orange tab / Info) ?
I would like see changes and some information about your system (versions, configs).
----------

- First of all, create full back of your old website.
- All JBZoo / Zoo content saved in #__zoo_* tables. Create SQL-dump file ("#__" is db-prefix).
- Install fresh Joomla version and ZOO component
- Install JBZoo App v2.1.5 (b1)
- Go to PhpMyAdmin and remove all tables #__zoo_*
- Insert data from SQL-dump.
- Rename table prefixies.
- Go to directory "<new website>\media\zoo\applications\jbuniversal\types\" and remove default types.
- Copy your Item types files from old website
- Go to dir "<new website>\media\zoo\applications\jbuniversal\templates\<TEMPLATE>\renderer\" and remove "item" folder
- Copy your previous "item" folder there.
- Goto Zoo CP and activate JBZoo App (enter login and pass)

Well I hope JBZoo will be started successfully.
You should reindex JBZoo database (orange tab - tools).
And create Joomla menu, modules
JBZoo v4.0 и новый чудный мир Open Source GPL
Отключайте проверку лицензий как можно скорее!

— Есть два типа людей: Кто еще не делает бекапы и кто уже делает бекапы.

#3 tobypsl

tobypsl

Отправлено 22 December 2015 - 14:25

Hi Denis

I have emailed the report to your JBZoo email as on profile.

Before I follow your update suggestion - can you confirm that the files used in the submission form are from ZOO component not JBZoo?

Thanks

#4 SmetDenis

SmetDenis

Отправлено 22 December 2015 - 14:33

I have emailed the report to your JBZoo email as on profile.

Yes, a I received it. Thanks.

Well, I didn't find critical things. So I think you can move jbuniversal folder to new website.

Before I follow your update suggestion - can you confirm that the files used in the submission form are from ZOO component not JBZoo?

Can you attach them ("More Reply Options") ?

Сообщение отредактировал SmetDenis: 22 December 2015 - 15:10
typos

#5 tobypsl

tobypsl

Отправлено 22 December 2015 - 14:41

Well, I did find critical things. So I think you can move jbuniversal folder to new website.

Does this mean there are problems?  Or are you saying there was nothing critical and I can copy the entire jbuniversal folder to the new site?

Quote: "Can you attach them ("More Reply Options") ?"

I'm talking about native ZOO files. I am hoping that JBZoo does not play a part in the submission process?  So the files I would need in order to replicate the amends we made to set up a submission form are all in the ZOO directory of our site?

#6 SmetDenis

SmetDenis

Отправлено 22 December 2015 - 15:17

Does this mean there are problems? ...

Sorry. I didn't find any critical problems. It was typo in my post.
I think you can copy old jbuniversal to the new site.

I'm talking about native ZOO files. I am hoping that JBZoo does not play a part in the submission process?  So the files I would need in order to replicate the amends we made to set up a submission form are all in the ZOO directory of our site?

Oh, yes. JBZoo uses submissions "AS IS".
Only adds html wrapper here media\zoo\applications\jbuniversal\templates\<TEMPLATE>\submission.php for customization

jtrl_200x0.png

#7 tobypsl

tobypsl

Отправлено 28 December 2015 - 15:24

Hi denis

I followed your update instructions and i now have ZOO 3.1.4 running with JBZoo 2.1.5.  I have replaced the folders as suggested and the item descriptions are fine front end.

Unfortunately on the second site on which we run the same setup I accidentally followed through and updated JBZoo from 2.1.5 to the latest version.

So I am wondering the best option to get that site working too, is it:

1. Roll back the changes from JBZoo current to JBZoo 2.1.5 (if so how?)

2. Update the site that runs JBZoo 2.1.5 to the current JBZoo in a manner that maintains the catalog product template and config files (ie. work is not lost) and then copy over the file structures to the second site that is already running the current JBZoo install.

I am thinking the second option may be tricky?  Also I am keeping ZOO at 3.1.4 for the time being so not sure of compatibility of current JBZoo with ZOO 3.1.4?

Thanks

#8 SmetDenis

SmetDenis

Отправлено 07 January 2016 - 15:13

Hi,
I hope you did a full backup before upgrading.

It's really difficult understand what has happened. I don't see your website, errors, messages etc.

I can look your site if you give me access.
May be the best way will be update by me ? For example test website, some test subdomain.

So I need a FTP access and to the Joomla CP.

#9 tobypsl

tobypsl

Отправлено 07 January 2016 - 17:13

Hi

It was my accident. I updated one site properly and that shows the postings fine. But the other site I got carried away and updated JBZOO beyond version 2.1.5. I can only initially go up to 2.1.5 if i want to recover my existing work which is still stored in the DB.

So I am thinking maybe just delete all JBZOO folders and DB tables then reinstall up to version 2.1.5 this time?

thanks, Toby

#10 SmetDenis

SmetDenis

Отправлено 08 January 2016 - 15:55

Hi,

Patches of JBZoo couldn't change database. So I think we can restore all site content (I hope...).

If it's really difficult for you and you can't give me access - reinstall application will be the best way.

Click to return to top of page in style!