Фотография
- - - - -

Remove Border From Full Layout But Leave For Teaser

• Закрытая тема Тема закрыта
Сообщений в теме: 8

#1 renee

renee

Отправлено 05 January 2014 - 02:56

I'd like to leave the rounded border in teaser layout but remove it in the full layout. (this is for the product type)

The only place to select or de-select the border seems to be in the config options for the specific APP. The setting here covers all layouts.

Is there an option to selectively remove the border from a specific layout ?

If not is it possible to amend code to do this?

Thanks.

#2 Kess

Kess

Отправлено 05 January 2014 - 13:13

There are no such setting but it can be easily done by editing the "full.php" file of your item type.

So for the "product" item type it will be media/zoo/applications/jbuniversal/templates/catalog/renderer/item/product/full.php

You can see that there is this code there:

<div class="rborder item-body">

Just remove the "rborder" class and that will remove JBZoo border.

Сообщение отредактировал Kess: 05 January 2014 - 13:14

#3 renee

renee

Отправлено 08 January 2014 - 13:18

Hi Kess

I am in this file: media/zoo/applications/jbuniversal/templates/catalog/renderer/item/case-study/full.php but I don't see the class you highlighted...

Edited to add: I had already used the product type for another categpory of information. So I copied that type in the zoo backend using the menu panel at the top of the JBZoo APP config panel.  But it seems the file contents are different as I've just looked in the Product/full.php and the code you suggested was there.

(I removed it and that worked for the product type I just need the same for the Case-Study type. Have i incorrectly  or incompletely created a new type?  Would it have been better to copy the contents of product type directory first, rename as case-stuidy and then create the case study in backend?

And if so are there any other file locations that need manually creating / copying etc.

thanks.

Сообщение отредактировал renee: 08 January 2014 - 13:25

#4 Kess

Kess

Отправлено 08 January 2014 - 15:46

Hello,

Where did you copy files for your item type from? The ones in case-study folder that is. Maybe that border is generated by some other class. A link to your website could help. 

It doesn't matter much what you did first (created new type or made a folder for it).

#5 renee

renee

Отправлено 08 January 2014 - 16:14

I didn't copy any files manually I just used the copy button in the backend JBZoo component to make a new type.

I have done this before - in that instance I thought I only manually copied files because I had created a new template and the copied types didn't seem to function correctly.

I'm guessing I should copy the product folder (that is the type I copied) and rename case study?

Throws up some questions:

Which product files need copying?

Do I have to recreate my type after copying the folders?

If not do I have to rename as file names can't have spaces in them but element types can? (and mine does and I think it's the name is what connects to the folder)

cheers.

#6 Kess

Kess

Отправлено 08 January 2014 - 17:31

The name of the folder has to be the same as the slug of your item type. You can see it if you click on the name of that item type. Just copy everything from "product" folder. You don't need to re-create this item type.

#7 renee

renee

Отправлено 08 January 2014 - 18:06

There are existing files created from the simple 'copy' I did in the backend - is it best to delete these first?

Edited to add: and if so will that lose the content I've entered?

Сообщение отредактировал renee: 08 January 2014 - 18:17

#8 Kess

Kess

Отправлено 09 January 2014 - 03:12

If you already using that item type and everything is good except for the border then it's not worth it to completely change the template files just to remove the border. Because you can of course remove the border from anything, not just from "product" type, it should be some simple css rule that adds it. So you should either remove the class which adds the border or override that css rule. It will be much easier for me to tell what to change if you give us a link to that "full" page.

Сообщение отредактировал Kess: 09 January 2014 - 03:12

#9 renee

renee

Отправлено 09 January 2014 - 15:34

I just opened the page to copy a link to send and noticed that the border is not there.

Yesterday I edited the border property for products full.php field - but I couldn't edit it for the case-studies full.php because the property wasn't there. The file content was different.

So it looks as though the case-studies type uses the same files as the product type.

This is OK as it happens but could cause problems if i want to do additional editing at some point.

This is obviously something to do with how the copy type works in the backend.

Click to return to top of page in style!